Dear Students, Parents and Families:
Welcome back to school! Please come to our Open House next Monday, August 29, between 2:00 and 3:00 pm to meet your student's teacher. School officially starts for all students next Tuesday, August 30. The warning bell for lining up outside is at 8:40 am, and the start of school bell is at 8:45 am. The first week of school will be regular days (dismissal at 3:15 pm) and Friday will, as usual, be a short day (dismissal at 1:45 pm). Students eating school breakfast are welcome to enter the front doors and go directly to the lunchroom any time after 8:20 am. For students, breakfast is $1.00 per day and lunch is $2.00 per day.
Here is the school schedule for all grades:
Monday-Thursday 8:45 am–3:15 pm
Friday & Early Dismissal Days 8:45 am–1:45 pm
To better plan your start, here are a few dates to keep in mind:
- August 29, Open House for all grades, 2:00-3:00
- August 30, First day of school for all grades, 8:45 am-3:15 pm
- September 1, Back-to-School Night, 6:00-7:30 pm via ZOOM
- Kindergarten-1st grade 6:00-6:30 pm 2nd-3rd grade 6:30-7:00 pm 4th-6th grade 7:00-7:30 pm
- September 5, No school, Labor Day
- September 6, First School Community Council (SCC) meeting, 7:45 am
- September 8, Picture Day
- September 13, First PTA meeting, 9:00 am (Beacon Heights’ teacher lounge w/ ZOOM option available)
- September 29, Short day dismissal (dismissal at 1:45pm)
- September 30, Non-Student Day
- October 4, Regular dismissal day; SEP Conferences after 3:15 pm dismissal
- October 5, Regular dismissal day; SEP Conferences after 3:15 pm dismissal
- October 6, Early dismissal day; SEP Conferences after 1:45 pm dismissal
Our first month back will be an exciting time. Fun events are planned throughout the year. You can keep track of us on our website: beaconheights.slcschools.org, on Facebook, Instagram, or on Twitter. Weekly newsletters are sent via email and monthly calendars are sent at the beginning of each month.
FREE & REDUCED LUNCH APPLICATIONS – YOU MUST RE-APPLY EVERY SCHOOL YEAR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BUT NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 30, 2022. Applications for Free and Reduced Lunch are available online. Apply online at www.slcschools.org. Once on the website, select “Departments,” scroll down and select “Child Nutrition,” scroll down and select “Apply for Meal Benefits.”
PAYING FOR MEALS ONLINE – If you wish to pay for your child’s meals using the free online payment system, visit www.mypaymentsplus.com, click on “Register Now” and follow the onscreen instructions. You will need your student’s ID number.
We will see you soon!
Tim Miller, Principal