Our Vision at Beacon Heights: "We will provide high levels of student learning and performance in a safe, supportive, progressive, well-equipped environment in which individual needs are valued."
Our Mission at Beacon Heights: "To prepare students to pursue lives of continuous learning and service in our diverse, global society."
Blue Ribbon School Award
U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan announced today, September 15, 2009, the winners of the 2009 National Blue Ribbon Schools. Beacon Heights Elementary School, in the Salt Lake City School district is honored to be among the schools receiving this award. These Blue Ribbon Schools have shown that all children can learn with appropriate supports, Duncan said. They are producing outstanding results for their students.
Facts About Beacon Heights
- Our children are a diverse yet stable population that has formed into a caring community. While the majority of students are from within Beacon’s boundaries, a number of SLC District students attend Beacon Heights by choice. We have a strong PTA and SCC and encourage parental participation in all aspects of the school.
- Beacon Heights’ faculty and parents have developed a strong integrated curriculum, using the Utah State Office of Education Core Curriculum as a base.
- We are committed to creating a balanced literacy program, ensuring a strong math foundation and supporting the emotional growth of each child.
- Beacon Heights has a strong professional relationship with Westminster and University of Utah that supports our teachers in the day to day instruction of all students
- We are a Beverly Taylor Sorensen grant recipient. With this grant, our school has on staff a professional visual artist. Students receive weekly instruction from the artist.
- Our love of the fine arts has been integrated into our science, technology, math and social studies instruction.
- We seek to be a school that concentrates on STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) and art. STEAM
- 20 different languages are spoken among the student body.
- Top Ten Utah School